With frequent updates to Google’s algorithms and constant changes to best SEO practices, it’s important to keep an eye on your website performance and give your site a thorough checkup every now and again.
On Mevvy.com, we’ve dedicated a full category to such tools and apps because we believe that keeping your online image spotless is the most important of all tasks in marketing.
In this article you’ll find a step-by-step guide on how to best conduct these checkups, and how to make the most out of the results you get!
Step 1: Perform a Complete Background Check on Your Own Website
- Get a full technical report with Woorank, ahrefs, or Search Enabler.
- Produce a full analytics report with SimilarWeb.
- Run a comprehensive spell-check and link verification on your website with CheckDog.
Step 2: Verify the Proper Performance of Your Website
- Check whether your website displays correctly in all browsers with BrowserBite.
- Perform a speed test of your website load time with WebpageTest or APM Cloud Monitor.
- Get your latest [entity display="Google" type="organization" subtype="company" active="false" activated="false" deactivated="true" key="google" ticker="GOOG" exchange="NASDAQ" natural_id="fred/company/1821"]Google[/entity] Page Rank with PR Checker.
- Find out how your website looks on iOS devices with iPadPeek.
Step 3: Check the Web for Duplicate Content
Step 4: Ask Colleagues and Friends to Participate in a Short Test
- In order to understand what your website visitors actually see (and remember), set up a test with Clue.